The Task of therapy is not to eliminate suffering but to give voice to it, to find a form in which it can be expressed. Expression is in itself transformation; this is the message that art brings. The therapist then would be an artist of the soul, working with sufferers to enable them to find the proper container for their pain, the form in which it would be embodied” -S. Levine
Sessions : Art Therapy can go deep or merely act as a catalyst to breath and become a more centered being. It can be self directed, or can be more therapist directed. Client – art- therapist conversations may concentrate on observations of direct experience, or they may explore more interpretive experiences where symbols and metaphors whisper and sometimes yell out loud. At times therapy will sound like talk, other times, it will be merely be the sound of the brush making marks and meaning on a surface.
My therapy concentration is life transitions, tensions, trauma and transformations within relationships, pregnancy, marriage, parenting, divorce, empty nest, health, professional, career change, artistic/creative and we can explore the following together:
- Grief, loss, failure and seek hope.
- Communication, relationships and restorative action practices.
- Renewed creativity and imagination: personal and artistic renewal, expansion and exploration.
- Mind-body connection: mindfulness, focus and relaxation.
- Dreams and the subconscious.
- Management and exploration of emotions and behavior.
- Self Care and personal development.
Who: individuals or duos: self, couples, parents and adolescents, creatives/artists.
- no art experience necessary, just an openness to mess about with the creative process: Clients are invited to paint, draw, sculpt, make assemblages, collage, use digital manipulation and photography, and create land art when possible.
- As I am an artist and art educator, clients can also invite art instruction to the degree that suits them but the emphasis of the explorations are are on process not product.
- sessions are offered at the private studio.
Where: Soleil Art Therapy is a private practice located in Ladner, BC
- Initial consultation – free by phone
- Individual therapy session – 50 minutes: 90.00/90 minutes:120.00.
- More than one individual: please contact to arrange rate and length
- Art Lessons – please contact to arrange for rate and length.
- Insurance Coverage: Visits are not currently covered under the BC Medical Services Plan. However, some extended benefits plans do offer partial or full coverage for therapy. I strongly advise you to check with your employer or insurance provider to see if you are covered.
- Cancellation Policy: I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Appointments that are cancelled less than 24 hours prior will be billed for the cost of the missed session.
- Sliding scale: this is determined by what you can afford and the frequency you require: this is decided after the first therapy session.
- Payment occurs at the end of the session and can be made by PayPal, E-transfer, or cash.
- If you are interested in Soleil Art Therapy please fill out the form below or call Susy with any questions at: 604 785 6916